Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Should I feel more ashamed?

So tonight I had a little temper tantrum. Would my Grandma be proud? Maybe.. Jesus, not so much. I routinely go to US Bank and cash checks so I have cash and can deposit cash in my other account. Tonight I went in and told the guy I wanted to deposit $25 and get the rest of the check in cash. He told me because my name is not on the check I am not allowed to cash it. I explained to him that I do this all the time and have never had a problem. He went on to tell me it is illegal for me to try top cash a check not in my name..blah, blah, blah. I said fine and grabbed the check out of the guys hand and walked about 50 feet and turned back around. I went back and told him I wanted to close my account. I said we had had countless problems with that bank and proceeded to ask if he was new since I had never seen him before. Turns out he was the branch manager and had a pretty lousy day. Once I said I wanted to close my account he practically turned cartwheels to keep it open. Apparently if I write pay to the order of on the back they will cash a check. So I wrote that on there right in front of him and he cashed it for me.

Once we had both calmed down I told him about my Grandma Ruth. Sometimes when my sister, my mom or I have a little meltdown we like to say there was a little Ruth coming out. We loved my Grandma dearly but she was not known for being the nicest lady in the world. She was the squeaky wheel that would get something done when it needed to be.

I am a really nice person but people that are rude to customers really drive me crazy. Unfortunately for that bank manager he hit the button that made me go Ruth on him!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Well, I'm glad you stood up for yourself, but I really hope you were nicer than Grandma would have been. I've been having a lot of Ruth days lately. Pray for me!